Newbie Setting up Fonts Server in X Windows

Hi,

   I recently installed Debian 1.3 and X Window on my machine. I tried
running AfterStep but it complained about some fonts (Adobe-Helvetica
...) not found. I encountered the same font problem with other apps as
well. I used xinit to start.
   Please correct me if I am wrong, but I understand that I need to
setup xfs in order for these apps to be able to get hold of their fonts.
I have installed xserver_s3, xbasefnt, xbase and couple of other font
packages 100dpi, cyrillic and scalable.

			BIG QUESTION: How do I configure xfs?

Thanks in advance. I am impressed with the speedy and accurate responses
I get to my questions. You guys have been really helpful.

Best Regards,

Chee Seng
(csgnoh@singwnt.sing.ingr.com)