Re: mh isn't sending (exim is mta)

There is likely some disagreement between what your mailer thinks your
host.domain is and what exim thinks it is.  Try this:

sender_unqualified_hosts = localhost:other-host:some-other-host
receiver_unqualified_hosts = localhost:other-host:some-other-host
In your /etc/exim.conf and restart exim.

The above configuration item should include all hostnames that might
relate to machines that would offer an unqualified username in the
envelope sender.

Example:  one of my systems is called oriole and another is slowpoke
so in calvin's exim.conf I might have:

sender_unqualified_hosts = localhost:calvin:oriole:slowpoke

On Thu, 9 Apr 1998 adavis@netpci.com wrote:

> When I try to send a message now, using the comp/send programs in mh, I am
> getting this message for a valid user:
>
> What now? send -watch
>   user at domain: loses; [USER] 550 relaying to <user at domain>
> prohibited by administrator
> post: 1 addressee undeliverable
> send: message not delivered to anyone
>
> Can someone give me a clue how to set this up?  I think I have had trouble
> with mh under sendmail as well?
>
> Alan Davis
>
> --
> Alan E. Davis                       Marianas High School (Science Department)
> AAA196, Box 10001    adavis@netpci.com   http://www.saipan.netpci.com/~adavis
> Saipan, MP  96950    15.16oN 145.7oE    GMT+10       Northern Mariana Islands
>

> --

George Bonser

If I had a catchy quip, it would be here.

http://www.debian.org