Re: Threading list subjects?

> I use Gnus - a powerful, customizable news- and mail-reading part
> of emacs (and xemacs).  It will thread, score, sort and do just
> about anything you want to your mail.

Is Gnus able to use the References: line in mail messages to thread?

Before I started getting debian-user as I digest, I mail =>
newsed the posts to a dummy newsgroup so I could use Cnews to expire
the messages and Tin to thread them.  Looked something like this in
TIn:

 0      [  20]  porting Vispro/REXX  OS/2-programms to Wi  Laurie Chan
 1      [  56]  `->                                        dIon Gillard
 2      [  10]  porting Vispro/REXX  OS/2-programms to Wi  Heinz M?ller
 3      [  47]  `->                                        dIon Gillard
 4      [  37]    +->                                      Heinz M?ller

I still do this with debian-user-digest, splitting the digest and
adding a dummy Message-ID and some other fields to keep the news
system happy. But the individual digest posts don't include a
 3      [  26]  Threading list subjects?                   Marco Anglesio
 4      [  34]  Threading list subjects?                   Ionut Borcoman
 5   +  [  11]  Threading list subjects?                   Mike Miller

I wonder if not snipping the References line would be useful to
anybody else?

rick