Re: Netgear 10/100tx nic

Yo-

> I'm trying to use a few netgear FA310TX 10/100 cards ('cause they're cheap!).  Although they are based on the DEC 21140-AF chip (tulip) they don't seem to work well (or at all) with even the most recent tulip driver.  I tried a Genuine DEC nic (500tx) with a 21140 and it worked fine.  Anyone know of a driver that has been tweeked for the netgear?
I curently use this netgear card.  It is a great card because it is cheap
and uses the latest Digital Tulip chip.  I have recently upgraded to
frozen and it is working presently.  Prior to frozen I had a stable bo
system running.  I had no luck with this card until I upgraded to kernel
2.0.32 which contains the .79v of Donald's tulip driver in the kernel.
You must use at least kernel 2.0.32 and compile in support for the tulip
card.

Hope that helps.

-Ian