Installing large packages from DOS formatted diskette

Hi,

  I am a newbie to Debian. Recently I installed Debian 1.3 on my PC from
diskettes. It is working fine. However I downloaded some Debain packages
which are larger than 1.44M (diskette size). How can I install these
packages? I have DOS/Windows tools like pkzip, arj, gzip but I am not
sure how to decompress it to a Linux partition on my hard disk.
  My guess is that I need a DOS partition but I couldn't create one
using the Rescue Disk. BTW, which type of DOS partition do I create?
FAT12, FAT16, etc..

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Chee Seng