Re: frivolity: the joystick

"Richard E. Hawkins Esq." <hawk@eyry.econ.iastate.edu> writes:

> OK, I had to do it.  Radio shack had $15 joysticks with a $15 rebate, and I
> took one for the kids machine at home, which runs the darkside
> So now I want to connect it to my machine.  But looking through the kernel
> build, i see no drivers.
>
> Is there a way to get it to produce xevents taht I could map to keys?

First you need kernel support for the device - the hardware HOWTO has
location of the patches for the kernel joystick drivers.

Then, I'd suggest checking out the XInput package - I don't use any
XInput devices myself, but it sounds like it might be able to do what
you want.

An altavista search on "linux joystick" can be very informative.