SCSI tape problems

Well, I spent the evening getting the Adaptec AVA-1505 card working.   I
finally got it so that the system now boots and sees the card.  This card
is supposed to be supported by the AHA152x support.

Here are the kern.log messages now (heads of each line clipped for
breavity) from when I just rebooted.  I have one 1/4 inch Teac tape drive
on ID 1 (with a tape in it):

kernel: aha152x: BIOS test: passed, detected 1 controller(s)
kernel: aha152x0: vital data: PORTBASE=0x340, IRQ=11, SCSI ID=7,
reconnect=enabled, parity=enabled, synchronous=disabled, delay=100,
extended translation=disabled
kernel: aha152x: trying software interrupt, lost.
kernel: aha152x: IRQ 11 possibly wrong.  Please verify.
kernel: scsi1 : Adaptec 152x SCSI driver; $Revision: 1.18 $
kernel: scsi : 1 host.
kernel: scsi : aborting command due to timeout : pid 0, scsi1, channel 0,
id 0, lun 0 Test Unit Ready 00 00 00 00 00
kernel: scsi : aborting command due to timeout : pid 0, scsi1, channel 0,
id 0, lun 0 Test Unit Ready 00 00 00 00 00
kernel: scsi : aborting command due to timeout : pid 1, scsi1, channel 0,
id 1, lun 0 Test Unit Ready 00 00 00 00 00
kernel: scsi : aborting command due to timeout : pid 1, scsi1, channel 0,
id 1, lun 0 Test Unit Ready 00 00 00 00 00
... and so on through id 7

The problems I have now (for which I'd appreciate some ideas) are:

1. What can I do about the IRQ being "possibly wrong"?

2. It doesn't seem to find the tape drive...  I really want to use it for
backups, so what can I do?   The last time I had the drive turned on it
was on a Mac and worked aok; the last time I used the cable, it too worked
ok.

Thanks for any help... suggestions... pointers...  And, yes, I have read
the SCSI how-to's...

--
Glenn Tenney KOTJ
The email address has been changed since spam is not allowed here, but you