Re: Install process

> in no case did I enter runtime parameter for the device modules that I selected
> which included : under "fs"  binfmt_java  and vfat
>                 under "ipi4" ip_alias , ipip( IP Tunneling) , and rarp Reverse
> Address Resolution Protocol.
>                 under "misc" lp (took the default one the parameters) , and psaux
>
>                                     I wonder if I should have selected in
> addition Serial   Softdog   and/or    wdt
>
> Note. The documentation seems to indicate that I should create a drv1440.bin
> floppy; but the install process did not call for this floppy. This may be that I
> installed from cd.

Yes, that's the reason. All you mentioned above are just different kernel
modules. You have them all installed anyway (in /lib/modules/2.0.*/)
Names of those that you have selected are just appeared in /etc/modules
file. Check it out. You may add new lines or remove existing ones any time
without any reinstall. See what you got under /lib/modules.
The name in /etc/modules file just means that the module is loaded at
boot time. If you want to remove module, you use "rmmod ..." command,
to insert one just do, for example "insmod vfat".

Alex Y.
--
   _
 _( )_