sdram and linux

Hi. Just looking for a little more info.

Just installed 64megs 168 pin sdram (replacing the 64megs of the usual
type 72 pin edo stuff) in my system and it appears
to be causing file system corruption, as indicated on boot
up by fsck (attempted boot up, actually).  Booting from the rescue
disk and running fsck reports lots of problems, fixes them all, but the
problems reappear at the next reboot from the hard disk drive.  Also ran
into a problem with programs exiting unexpectedly and core dumping for
no apparent reason.

Tried my Debian kernels 2.0.30 and 2.0.33 with the same
result and put the original memory back, which seems to
have fixed the problem with either kernel version.

Has there been any similar reports or other problems using
168 pin sdram type memory or are there any hardware or kernel
settings that I may have overlooked to make this work?  The
memory works ok on 'other' o.s.'s and machines.

thanks,
--
tony mollica
tmollica@sb.net