Re: Installing Mouse Driver

Alex,

My mouse is a standard Microsoft PS/2 Intellimouse connected to an
almost new Dell Dimension D266.  It connects to a small round 6pin
socket which I assume to be a serial mouse port.

As root, I tried 'insmod psaux' which executed, but produced no
response.  I then typed '/dev/psaux device' which produced 'Permission
Denied'.  '/dev/psaux' produced the same.

The exact error I got when trying to install a mouse driver from the
Debian installer right at the beginning was:

/lib/modules/2.0.29/misc/psaux.0: init_module: Device or resourse busy

Installation failed

Thanks for you help so far - do you have any more ideas?!

John

In message <[🔎] E0yJIye-0000A0-00@alex.y.dyndns.com>, Alex Yukhimets
<aqy6633@acf5.nyu.edu> writes

--