X query..

Whenever I start X, I get an xterm automatically opening. Is there a way
to stop this? I have never minded until now, but now I usually close it
straight away. The reason I ask is that it does not appear to be a result
of one of the windowmanagers opening. there is a routine in the Xsession
file:

case $# in
1)
  case $1 in
  failsafe)
    if grep -q ^allow-failsafe /etc/X11/config
    then
      exec xterm -geometry 80x24-0-0
    fi
    ;;
  esac
esac

but even after commenting it out, (and removing "allow-failsafe" in
/etc/X11/config as well) it does not stop..

Can anyone help?

                       Michael Beattie (mickyb@es.co.nz)