XDM with Debian 1.3E6

	Hi guys, I have returned to the list, had to get my processor fixed.
Anyway, I am running Debian 1.3R6 and I want to have an XDM setup so I can
remotely use my resources and afterstep setup rather than another computer's
limited resources and "crappy" windows manager.  (afterstep doesn't seem to
install on their side very easily).
	I am using typical run levels... run level 2, goes to terminal mode.  I
run "xdm"... and one time... i ran it with some arguments and I got it to go to
the xdm login screen... where I got stuck.  Now, I remotely login through a
computer with xdm, and I see my xdm login screen again but this is the "stuck
part."
	Everytime I try to login with a valid user account, it says, login
failed.  I have a .xsession in the users' home dir.  I added the *.domain.name
in the Xaccess part.  I am guessing my xdm-config is setup improperly for
authentification.  I added DisplayManager*authenticate:	true and a few other
things... still no go.  And... I cannot get xdm to start up locally so I can
test it easier.  Even when I did get it running locally, still get that "login
failed" even with valid user logins (telnets works fine).
	Thanks in advance guys!

Carroll Kong