Re: XDM with Debian 1.3E6

Carroll Kong wrote:
... re xdm ...
  >	Everytime I try to login with a valid user account, it says, login
  >failed.  I have a .xsession in the users' home dir.  I added the *.domain.na
      >me
  >in the Xaccess part.  I am guessing my xdm-config is setup improperly for
  >authentification.  I added DisplayManager*authenticate:	true and a few
      >other
  >things... still no go.  And... I cannot get xdm to start up locally so I can
  >test it easier.  Even when I did get it running locally, still get that "log
      >in
  >failed" even with valid user logins (telnets works fine).

Perhaps you should be using xdm-shadow?  I seem to remember having had
this problem in the days when I was running bo.

Look at /etc/init.d/xdm and see whether it starts xdm or xdm-shadow. Try
swapping which one it starts (provided that they are not effectively the
same file, as they are on my hamm system).