POP3 with Qmail

Hi!
I've installed Qmail 1.01 and it works fine. My users want to read their
mail via POP3 and via pine in shell. So I need to find solution to this
problem.

If I use Qmail's POP3 daemon, it supports only Maildirs and Pine
does NOT support maildirs? Is there some patch for pine to make it support
maildirs?

If I deliver mail to homedirectory Mailboxes, pine works fine but where
can I find *working* POP3 daemon that can read mail from homedirectory
mailboxes? Qpopper should can do it, but If I compile it with
-DHOMEDIRMAIL (or something like that) it works, but it still requires
/var/spool/mail (it stores lock-files there). And I needed to do some
other code-hacking before Qpopper worked, so Is there "official" version
of some POP3-daemon that supports homedirectory mailboxes?

-Pasi Karkkainen

                                   ^
                                .     .
                                 Linux