Re: imake madness

On Fri, Mar 27, 1998 at 10:10:07PM +0000, Christopher J. McNicholas wrote:
> I'm trying to get the enlightenment window manager on my box. I followed
> the instructions for installing ImageMagick and I made sure imake was
> installed (came with X 3.3). Next step was supposed to be imlib. imlib
> does not come as a binary, so I have to compile it.

imlib packages have recently been created. They are probably in unstable or
frozen by now.

> imake -DUseInstalled -I/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/config
> imake : No such file or directory
> imake : Cannot exec /lib/cpp.

xlib6g-dev (which in frozen contains imake) is missing a dependency on cpp.
I've just reported this as a bug.

On Sat, Mar 28, 1998 at 12:55:00AM +0000, Christopher J. McNicholas wrote:
> /usr/include/sys/time.h:6: linux/time.h: No such file or directory
>
> However, when I look in /usr/include/sys, there *is* a time.h file.
> But what the hell is linux/time.h referring to?!?!

I noticed xlib6g-dev doesn't depend on libc6-dev either (now reported too).
Do you have that installed?

Ray
--
UNFAIR  Term applied to advantages enjoyed by other people which we tried
to cheat them out of and didn't manage. See also DISHONESTY, SNEAKY,