Re: Setting up network on Hamm install

   The Bo install notes say I need to know the following. I assume Hamm
   will need it too. I have a LAN with Linux (none yet installed) and
   Win'95 boxes on and will also want to connect to the 'net.

Since you are on two networks (LAN + Internet), your choices will
depend on whether you have two Ethernet cards in the machine.  If you
do have two--one hooked into the LAN, one to the Internet--then you
configure the LAN card with your LAN IP address, and the Internet card
with your Internet IP address.  In this case, just make sure that
you're consistent when you answer the prompts--use either the data
from the LAN or the Internet, but not a combination.  You will have to
set up the second card manually later by editing /etc/init.d/network.

If, OTOH, you have only Ethernet card, then you only want one IP
address; this should be the Internet IP address.  In this case,
there's no need to add a second LAN IP address; just have the other
machines on the LAN refer to this machine via its Internet IP.  If you
really want two IPs, then you can set up IP aliasing, but I don't know
anything about that.

Hope this helps.