Re: /etc/exports config question

In article <[🔎] 199803262332.PAA04877@sioux.llnl.gov>,
Stuart Marshall <marshall@sioux.llnl.gov> wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I have a network of several debian 2.0 machines.  One of these
>acts as the NIS master and each machine exports disks to all
>the others.  Currently I am using an NIS distributed netgroup
>entry in /etc/exports to indicate which hosts are allowed to
>mount. (eg. /data/a1 @mynetgroup(rw,no_root_squash)
>
>The problem is that when I reboot the NIS master, the mountd's
>on the other machines stop exporting their drives to the master.
>If I "kill -HUP" the mountd it re-evaluates /etc/exports and
>all is well again.

This is strange, it should find the NIS master after a reboot and
just continue. Have you considered setting up a NIS slave server to
see if it solves the problems? Besides, it's always a good idea to
run a slave server just in case.

Mike.
--
 Miquel van Smoorenburg | Our vision is to speed up time,
    miquels@cistron.nl  |   eventually eliminating it.