Re: Linux Systems Labs - Orders and Ignorance

On Wed, 25 Mar 1998, Tristan Day wrote:

> I'm from Britain, and ordered a distribution CD thru LSL < www.lsl.com > 10
> days ago
>
> On the confirmation screen I was told I would recieve a reciept and that
> "all orders will be posted within 24hrs"
>
> Anyway, concerned about whether or not my order was sent, I wrote 5 days ago
> to their reception < reception@lsl.com > expressing my concern and asking
> for confirmation
>
> 2 days later I sent another copy of the first message I sent, and still have
> had no reply, no bounces and no CD.
>
> I'm not amazingly surprised the CD hasn't come yet, but what I am worried
> about is the fact that I have had NO correspondance from them at all.
>
> In a few days I'm going to send a £4 cheque to someone in Britain instead if
> I get no reply, but I've given LSL my credit card details, etc etc etc.
>
> Tristan

I've recently purchased a Debian 1.3.1 set of CDs from LSL and had a
similar experience.  I think the order took 2 - 3 weeks to get to me.  At
about the 2 week point I was starting to get mad and was about to try to
find out what was going on when the CDs arrived.  On my advice, a friend
also ordered a set from them and he got his order within a few days.  So
from my two experiences with LSL their service time seems to have a lot of
variability in it.  Hang in there, hopefully they'll get to you soon.

Steve