Re: Distributed Kernel options

On Thu, 26 Mar 1998, Kenneth L. Summers wrote:

: >
: > Isn't the .config file in the kernel-source package the same as the
: > distribution kernel?
:
: I don't think so.  At least is seems like when I go to configure the kernel
: it has some options set by default that do not seem reasonable for the
: distribution kernel.  As a (possibly fictional) example:  no support for
: PS/2 mice.  You have to select it to be built in or built as a module.

No, the default from the kernel-source package is for PS/2 support to be
built as a module.  Think back to the install process and you'll recall
that you do have to explicitly choose to insert that module if you want
to use a PS/2 mouse.

I'll tell you this much; the .config in the kernel-source package is
nowhere close to the one you find in the tarballs from ftp.kernel.org

--
Nathan Norman
MidcoNet - 410 South Phillips Avenue - Sioux Falls, SD  57104