Re: Distributed Kernel options

> Hi,
>
> 	I think you need the config file from a distribution
>  kernel. On recent kernel, this is in /boot/config-<version>. You can
>  use dpkg -x kernel-image*.deb /tmp to extract the default kernel to
>  /tmp; look then in /tmp/boot for the config file; use kernel-package
>  to rebuild the kernel. (look at the docs for kernel-package)
>
> 	Is that coherent?

Coherent?  Yes.  Did it work for me?  Well... no.  I did as you suggested, and
downloaded the .deb file for the image I'm using (2.0.29).  Unfortunately
there is no configuration info anywhere in the extracted file.  In the boot
directory is a vmlinuz, a vmlinux, and a System.map.  That's it.  As far
as I can tell there are no configuration files anywhere else.

Any suggestions?

Ken Summers
Albuquerque High Performance Computing Center
The University of New Mexico
summers@arc.unm.edu