Re: Distributed Kernel options

On Thu, 26 Mar 1998, Kenneth L. Summers wrote:

: > Hi,
: >
: > 	I think you need the config file from a distribution
: >  kernel. On recent kernel, this is in /boot/config-<version>. You can
: >  use dpkg -x kernel-image*.deb /tmp to extract the default kernel to
: >  /tmp; look then in /tmp/boot for the config file; use kernel-package
: >  to rebuild the kernel. (look at the docs for kernel-package)
: >
: > 	Is that coherent?
:
: Coherent?  Yes.  Did it work for me?  Well... no.  I did as you suggested, and
: downloaded the .deb file for the image I'm using (2.0.29).  Unfortunately
: there is no configuration info anywhere in the extracted file.  In the boot
: directory is a vmlinuz, a vmlinux, and a System.map.  That's it.  As far
: as I can tell there are no configuration files anywhere else.
:
: Any suggestions?

Isn't the .config file in the kernel-source package the same as the
distribution kernel?

--
Nathan Norman
MidcoNet - 410 South Phillips Avenue - Sioux Falls, SD  57104