Re: Wizard Radio...

This definitly sounds like an interesting challenge.
Does the cab;le for this disconnect? I would start by taking a continuity testor
(or ohmmeter...works just the same)... and make a list of the pin mappings...
i.e. is it a straight pass through pin 1 = pin 1; pin 2 = pin 2 or is it special...

before that...have you thought of calling the manafacturer and asking for that
info?
they might be willing to give you the info (can it hurt to ask?)
failing that...I don't think that disassembling the program is the way to go...
it is NOT a task to be taken lightly
It is ALOT of work (esp if you don't know assembly)
I happen to have an i386 disassembler for DOS...it works well but...I have never
done anything usefull with it
Then...have you ever seen the documents for the Windows API...its a real bonafide
mess
I wouldn't want to try to disassemble a program that makes calls to that
You could try this...
after verifing the pinout of the cable... hook it up to a second computer....
run a terminal program on one computer and the radio software on the other...
see what signals it sends...play with the baud rate, and other goodie settings...
(or if it needs signals comming back...
make a 3 way cable...and just have one computer "listen" with a terminal program)
these are all just ideas..in any case it will be some work
-Steve