Re: Deebian / atalk revisited

On Wed, Mar 25, 1998 at 01:31:43PM -0800, Greg Frye wrote:

> I am at the bottom of the learning curve and feel overwhelmed.

We all are sometimes.

> I was encouraged by the way Debian has packages.  I have become somewhat
> disheartened by things not going as smoothly as I expected.  Is there a
> single document that has an overview of Debian and how to know if a
> package will work with the kernel that you have?

You might want to try the unofficial Debian book. You can get it via http
from www.linuxpress.com (sp?). It was written by dwarf@polaris.net, an
active Debian developer.

> Help!  I want to get rid of NT quickly and (hopefully) easily.

Expect a long and hard way, but also a lot of goodies along. With Linux, you
have freedom, and this has some costs. The good thing is that there is
something to learn all the time (you will never have the feeling that
something is unsupported by the os, but you will feel invited to figure out
*how* you can solve your problem with Linux. There are lots of possible
ways).