Re: Deebian / atalk revisited

Hi Greg,

> What is the debian netatalk package expecting?  Do I need to recompile
> the kernel?  Is there a atalk.o module around somewhere?

Look in /lib/modules/2.0.(your kernel revision)/net.  There should be an
"appletalk.o" module.  If there isn't you will have to compile the module.
However, there should be one.  Assuming that there is one, place
"appletalk" into your /etc/modules file.

I think that will work.  If you don't want to reboot, then use modprobe or
insmod to install the module into the running kernel.

> Help!  I want to get rid of NT quickly and (hopefully) easily.

Good choice!  :)

-Ossama