Re: rumba package?

Rick Macdonald wrote:

> The latest version seems to be 0.6. I've happily been running a fixed
> v0.4 for many months. A quick look shows that one of the fixes that I
> had to make is now in v0.6.
>
> One that isn't, but may not effect everyone, follows.
>
> I had to add the "case 50" statement to proc.c. This would be at line
> 307 in the new version 0.6. I don't know if I need this in v0.6
>
>    case ERRfilexists:  return EEXIST;
>    case 50:            return 0; /* Unknown error!!  RickM */
>    case 87:            return 0; /* Unknown error!! */

OK, I just verified that I _do_ need this change for version 0.6 to
work.

I found old mail describing the problem that I have. I could overwrite
an existing file on a Win95 machine but I couldn't create a new one. The
rumba author had me run rumba with debug turned on. He was going to
consider adding the "case 50" but apparently didn't.

./rumba //atoyota/D /atoyota/d -n -D 0xf7

and this showed the unknown DOS error 50 that the above case statement
gets around:

output_attr(): attributes are:
  type      = 1
  mode      = 0100777
  nlink     = 1
  uid       = 501
  gid       = 100
  size      = 14852
  blocksize = 4096
  blocks    = 29
  fileid    = -1170119893
fo_setattr(ino=-1170119893)
Kernel: len: 35, wct: 0, bcc: 0
Kernel: smb_errno: Kernel: Unknown error - (1,50)Kernel:
nfsproc_setattr(fh=-1170119893)->5
Kernel: len: 35, wct: 0, bcc: 0
Kernel: smb_errno: Kernel: Unknown error - (1,50)Kernel:
cp: cannot create regular file `/atoyota/d/TkGnats/CHANGES': I/O error
Kernel: len: 35, wct: 0, bcc: 0
Kernel: smb_errno: Kernel: Unknown error - (1,50)Kernel:
Kernel: len: 35, wct: 0, bcc: 0
Kernel: smb_errno: Kernel: Unknown error - (1,50)Kernel:
closing inode -1170119893
closing inode 1047042912

--
...RickM...