Re: rumba package?

dpk wrote:

> I belive he is looking/needing the software package 'rumba'.
> Actually rumba is a software package for a *Linux* client to mount an
> NT share via SMB.  Samba is for a windows client to mount a drive from a
> linux server.  I don't believe there is a package for rumba yet.
> I have seen it for freeBSD.  I would actually be interested in
> packaging this software if someone could point me in the right
> direction to do so.

ftp://hal.kph.tuwien.ac.at/pub/NeXT/tools/rumba/

The latest version seems to be 0.6. I've happily been running a fixed
v0.4 for many months. A quick look shows that one of the fixes that I
had to make is now in v0.6.

One that isn't, but may not effect everyone, follows.

I had to add the "case 50" statement to proc.c. This would be at line
307 in the new version 0.6. I don't know if I need this in v0.6; I just
downloaded v0.6 now while writing this reply. I don't recall even how I
figured this out, but I probably ran truss on smbclient when it failed.
I don't recall what operation failed though.  :-(

   case ERRfilexists:  return EEXIST;
   case 50:            return 0; /* Unknown error!!  RickM */
   case 87:            return 0; /* Unknown error!! */

--
...RickM...