Re: Linix

On Wed, 25 Mar 1998, SKILLS123 wrote:

> Hi, I am new to this Linix thingy.... I am interested in Debian, because I
> heard its very good.  I want to know, can I have Win95 and Debian on my
> computer?  And how, do I install and download the file(s)?  Please advise...
> Thanks, Matt

It's spelled Linux (and pronounced in a large number of ways).

Yes, you can have both Win95 and Debian.  There are several ways to select
the O/S at boot time.  The simplist is to use the LILO loader, but it can
also be booted from DOS with the LOADLIN program.  This can be called by a
config.sys menu, if desired.

For general information on Debian, see http://www.debian.org.  Specific
installation information is at
ftp://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/stable/disks-i386/current/install.html

Bob