Re: Linux is damn robust !

Yann Dirson <ydirson@a2points.com> writes:

> I just had my system reporting the following load:
>
>   6:35pm  up  2:22,  4 users,  load average: 23.37, 77.76, 47.23
>
> How many commercial Unices would have supported that, without anything
> crashing (syslogd still here - nothing in the logs) ?

	'Tis nothing.

	I once worked on a Encore Multimax (4XPC) running a 4.3 BSD
variant that got so far as a load of over 200 before it recovered.  But
we (read: 4 users out of the 150 logged in) were *trying* to kill it.

	I've seen the PowerPC SMP AIXen here drive upwards of a few
hundred and still recover as well.

	Personally, I've never driven my linux boxen over 2.  8)

--
Cerebus <tmill06@ibm.net>