Re: desperately seeking installation

> Through long practice and much patience, I was able to see the word
> "Calibrating" on the display before it reboots, so if there's a stage during
> boot where it calibrates something, it's getting to that point, at least. I
> can't tell if there's anything before or after that, though.

Oh, boy ... thats realy early on ... I think the messages you are talking
about is where the system is callabrating the delay loop to calculate the
bogo mips ... you might try to disable it somehow ... I've also had luck
with removeing the 0setserial file that comes with the base disks ... try
both of these ... although you might need access to a linux box to do it

-K