AudioWave 16 AISA sound card, and sound-card IDE in general

I'm buying an old 486 from a friend real cheap to use as a mail server.
The IDE card in it can only handle two ide devices,  the machine has two
hard drives,  an IDE cd-rom,  and an IDE tape drive.

THe latter two he's been running from the sound card ide interface ... is
it possible to do this in Linux?  I moved my cdrom on my other machine off
my soundblaster and onto the main IDE controller,  but that's not an
option in this 486 because the IDE card is full.

Also,  the sound card is an Audiowave 16 AISP (made by sony).  The
audiowave web page (found via altavista) says that the newer version,  the
AudioWave PCI something-or-other,  is SoundBlaster 16 compat. ... anyone
tried using the Audiowave 16 AISP under linux?  I don't really need it to
do sound (although if it does,  so much the better),  but I'm going to
need it for a while to do IDE stuff.

                     					Will

|             harpo@udel.edu lowe@cis.udel.edu lowe@debian.org           |
|			http://www.cis.udel.edu/~lowe/		         |