Re: kernel-source2.0.33

On Sun, 15 Mar 1998, John Maheu wrote:

> I've had some trouble with mounting iso9660 and msdos type fs with kernel
> 2.0.33. The kernel complains that these fs types are not supported.
> However, they were built as modules and exist in /lib/modules/2.0.33/

This sounds like a problem with the necessary modules not loading. This
happens to me if I use filesystem type auto without the modules preloaded.
Could be a kerneld problem - Did you run depmod -a?

> I saw a bug report about needing to include NLS support in the kernel to
> solve this problem. So I put NLS in as a module, but this had no effect.
>
> Any ideas on how to fix this.
> Running stable with
> kernel-source-2.0.33_2.0.33-3_all.deb from bo-updates.
>

> Thanks
> John
>

> --

*   For God so loved the world that He gave his only begotten Son,  *
*   that whoever believes in Him should not perish...    John 3:16  *
* W. Paul Mills            *  Topeka, Kansas, U.S.A.                *
* wpmills@midusa.net       *  http://homepage.midusa.net/~wpmills/  *
* wpmills@networksplus.net *  http://www.networksplus.net/wpmills/  *
* Bill, I was there several years ago, why would I want to go back? *