Re: Some odd errors / compatibility questions.

On Tue, Mar 24, 1998 at 07:54:49AM -0600, Timothy J. Miller wrote:
[sig 11 problem]

> 	On the initial compile I started having problems with GCC dumping
> out on unexpected signals (11).  From what I've read in the past, this is
> indicative of memory problems, particularly with non-parity SIMMS.  So I
> pulled a second set of 2-16Mb EDO fast RAM SIMMs from a running system
> (*not* running Linux) and swapped them for mine.
>
> 	No dice.  If anything, things are worse

> 	What am I missing?  Or should I return *both* set of sticks and
> give up?

Sig 11 isn't only caused by bad memory, it can also be caused by other bad
or misconfigured hardware. See http://www.bitwizard.nl/sig11/ .

HTH,
Ray
--
PATRIOTISM  A great British writer once said that if he had to choose
between betraying his country and betraying a friend he hoped he would