Re: Scrollbars II

Matt Thompson <mattyt@oz.net> writes:

> Hi, all,
>
> OK, I figured out that the cause of my 'problem' is the Xaw3dg package
> required by gv.  I've read all the documentation regarding scrollbars and
> even tried downloading the sources from ftp.x.org, but the directions
> given in /usr/doc/Xaw3dg/scrollbars didn't work for me.  It said
> './debian.rules: no such file or directory'.
>
> I guess the only thing I would like to do is make it so that the scrollbar
> in xconsole has the same smooth, gray look it used to have.  Is there any
> way to do this?  I like gv and I guess I want to have my cake and eat it,
> too. :)

I have
$ dpkg -l xaw*
ii  xaw-wrappers    0.17           allow use of programs with xaw replace
hi  xaw3d           1.3-6.1        Adds a cute 3d to X apps using the at
ii  xaw3dg          1.3-6.1        Adds a cute 3d to X apps using the a
pn  xaw95           <none>         (no description available)
ii  xaw95g          1.1-4.1        Windows 95-like look for X apps using

and it works just fine.

Check /etc/ld.so.conf. It should have lines like

/usr/X11R6/lib/Xaw95
/usr/X11R6/lib/Xaw3d
/usr/lib/libc5-compat/Xaw3d

at the top.