Re: Scrollbars II

On Tue, 24 Mar 1998, Matt Thompson wrote:

> OK, I figured out that the cause of my 'problem' is the Xaw3dg package
> required by gv.  I've read all the documentation regarding scrollbars and
> even tried downloading the sources from ftp.x.org, but the directions
> given in /usr/doc/Xaw3dg/scrollbars didn't work for me.  It said
> './debian.rules: no such file or directory'.

If you download sources from ftp.x.org you won't be able to use the easy
Debian methods to compile them; you need the .dsc and .diff.gz files
from a Debian mirror to do that. Presumably what you read in /usr/doc/...
was information from a Debianised package.

(It's debian/rules BTW in case it really gave that error message.)

Cheers,

--
David Wright, Open University, Earth Science Department, Milton Keynes MK7 6AA
U.K.  email: d.wright@open.ac.uk  tel: +44 1908 653 739  fax: +44 1908 655 151