Re: Ultra ATA Hard Drives

Yes, it is possible, but not without some work.  If you want to use a
stable kernel, you need to rebuild a 2.0.33 kernel with the promise_ide
patch in order to recognize the promise ultra ide card.  Patch can be
found at http://www.huwig.de/linux/mama/20-newdriver.html.  But even then,
only DMA mode is supported. For built-in promise IDE and UDMA support, use
a developmental kernel such as 2.1.90.