Re: Programming hints.

On Mon, 23 Mar 1998 shaul@rakefet.debian.org wrote:

> > What about CTRL + C. Is that a signal?
>
> Yes it is. I don't know what signal exactly it is. SIGINT ? SIGTERM ?
>
> > If not, how can a do something before
> > exiting from CTRL + C?
What you want to do is catch the signal. Typically it will require the
signal function ("man signal"), you have to rewrite a function to do what
you want and then install that as the defacto signal handler ... There is
(if my memory serves me right) an example in the book, the "Joy of C"
(local lib) and I think some other ones in Plauger's book (I hope that is
the spelling of his name).

		Jonathan