Re: Attn: Newbies Re: Random "Broken Pipe"

On Sun, 22 Mar 1998, Art Lemasters wrote:

>      Some wonderful developer(s) fixed our manpage readers of
> the coming release (hamm) so that they will also scroll upwards
> to the beginning of any file we read.  The manpages (accessed
> by typing "man nameofcommand"--without the quotes) can also be
> searched with the "/" foreslash command in the "hamm" version.
> Excellent work...

This has nothing to do with man.  With bo, the pager that man used was more,
and that couldn't go up.  Now, the default is less, which does as you
describe.  This could have been changed manually at any time.  You didn't have
to wait for hamm.

This might not have been done in hamm's man, I am not sure.

Adam