From: cal1@praxis.net (Chris Plummer)
To: <debian-mentors@lists.debian.org>
Subject: Newbie Alert
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 1998 12:49:44 -0500

------=_NextPart_000_01BD5335.7DAE7800

I hope I have the right area, my problem is thta I cannot seem to get Lilo
to work with Win95 and Debian. Here's my setup;
	3.2 gig Quantum with 2-1.6 gig partions (one fow Win95 and one for games)
	these take up drive letters C,D
	1.6 gig Quantum which I use fully for Linux-Debian which is drive E

Now when I installed Debian and asked it to make my drive E drive bootable
(hdb1) it says it cannot boot from a secondary hard drive (or something to
that effect) and that I would need to use a boot floopy. Is there a way to
configure it so I can use Lilo as my boot manager and boot into either Win
95 or Debian (or do you all prefer just Linux). I tried it myself and wound
up messing up my MBR on my Drive C:, I was able to boot into Debian fine
but Win95 was gone (the drive was invalid). I tried the Fdisk /MBR switches
from a dos disk but no luck, luckily I had a Ghost image on my system (god
I love Ghost).

Thanks for any help
------=_NextPart_000_01BD5335.7DAE7800

color=3D"#000000" face=3D"Arial">I hope I have the right area, my =
problem is thta I cannot seem to get Lilo to work with Win95 and Debian. =
Here's my setup;<br>&#009;3.2 gig Quantum with 2-1.6 gig partions (one =
fow Win95 and one for games) &#009;&#009;these take up drive letters =
C,D<br>&#009;1.6 gig Quantum which I use fully for Linux-Debian which is =
drive E<br><br>Now when I installed Debian and asked it to make my drive =
E drive bootable (hdb1) it says it cannot boot from a secondary hard =
drive (or something to that effect) and that I would need to use a boot =
floopy. Is there a way to configure it so I can use Lilo as my boot =
manager and boot into either Win 95 or Debian (or do you all prefer just =
Linux). I tried it myself and wound up messing up my MBR on my Drive C:, =
I was able to boot into Debian fine but Win95 was gone (the drive was =
invalid). I tried the Fdisk /MBR switches from a dos disk but no luck, =
luckily I had a Ghost image on my system (god I love Ghost). =
------=_NextPart_000_01BD5335.7DAE7800--

-----End of forwarded message-----

 /                                     http://home.pages.de/~joey/
/  Unable to locate coffee, operator halted.  -- Stefan Farsch  /