Re: On Debian, currently.

> On Fri, Mar 20, 1998 at 09:24:07AM -0500, James D. Freels wrote:
> > In my mind several factors stand out about Debian:
> >
> > (1) The stable version is stable (really runs for days, months, years,
> > etc.).  The MTBF becomes tied to hardware failures (hard drives being
> > the most vulnerable) not software.

I agree entirely with you. One of my customers' Debian 1.3.1 server has
been up and under heavy use for about 81 days (80 days, 20 hours and
16 minutes, for the record ;-) before a stupid "tech support" person
obliged me to reboot it to "fix" a problem with a DOS-based accounting
package accessed through Samba... Needless to say, the problem was not
with the server.
It is true that hardware failures tend to become the single most important
limiting factor when you try to set a new uptime record... <g>

Cleto