RE: Microsoft mouse in X11

Hi,

I have also had some problems with my mouse. Even that I'm a novice in Linux,
maybe this helps:
Using the XF86Setup I have choosed the MouseSystem mouse with ClearDTR. This
way my mouse works very well and I can use all the 3 buttons of it. Other
problem that I have had was that, if I have used the -R option in gpm, my mouse
froze under X, and the only way to make it work again was to unload the gpm
from memory.

And one tip from me, too:
use

$ startx -- -bpp 16

to start to X in 16 bit mode (or with -bpp 24, for true color).

Ionutz