Magic filter and page length

Hello,

I am feeling seriously stupid. I've got Debian 1.3.1 running like a little
angel - EXCEPT for the flaming page length on my crusty old epson 9 pin
printer. I've installed Magicfilter; I've got papersize set to a4 in \etc,
but there doesn't seem to be anywhere in Star Office 4 or Debian, to tell
the printer about the tractor feed. I've tried changing pl to 70, 60, etc
etc, in printcap and lpd.conf - I've even set paper size to a4 in the
epson9-filter, but I cannot get it to print the right page length. It
prints the first page as expected but then feeds through to about one
third way down the next sheet. I KNOW I'm being thick, but would some
charitable soul tell me what I'm missing?

Thanks,

Rob

Robin Davis
London, UK