Re: Three questions regarding new install (Win95 sharing and FTP and kernel)

> 2. After installation is complete, if I want to remove an item from the
> install (I added IPX and don't want it), how do I accomplish this?  (I
> only have the basic installation right now... see #3.

Edit /etc/modules and remove the line with ipx

> 3. Due to "factors beyond my control", this Linux system MUST share the
> network with Wintel systems.  All internet access is through MS Proxy
> Server on an NT server box.  All other wintel machines on the net can
> access internet via http and ftp, etc.

Did you specify the NT machine running proxy as your gateway during
install? Did you specify any nameservers? I don't know what kind of proxy
is it, you may need to ftp to the proxy and enter ftp.debian.org as a
username, or something of this kind.

Alex Y.

--
   _