win95 and linux network

hi all, i will have two computer (mine and my parents one).
my parents computer is running win95 and mine linux, win95 and winnt.
i have an ethernet card (3com combo) on my computer and an external modem too.

i want:
1) to be able to play network games in win95
the computer will be about 30 feet away, so i cant use serial cable.
maybe i can use ether coax or 10bt cable... what is the best

what should i do then to setup the network (just give me some hints like
what should i install and setup)

2) i want to plug my modem on my computer and i want to allow parents
computer to have acces to my modem trough the network to connect to my isp.
(i think the better way is to run linux on my computer for this task but i
cant put linux on my parents box. (give me some hints)

maybe it's a bit difficult but i want to learn more about lan and deamon in
linux :), so i dont care about how much time it will take to make it works.

thanks

Benoit Joly
email: jolb01@gel.usherb.ca