Re: PPP to multiple Internet Provider

When Niccolo Rigacci wrote, I replied:

I do this regularly.  First create a /etc/ppp/chatscript.ispAname,
/etc/ppp/chatscript.ispBname, ...   Then create /etc/resolv.ispAname,
/etc/resolv.ispBname ...

Then create $HOME/bin/pon.ispAname which looks like:

#!/usr/bin/perl

if($< != 0) { die "$0: must be run as root\n"; };

@dirs = split(/\//,$0);
($pon, $isp) = split(/\./,$dirs[$#dirs]);
$CHAT = '/usr/ppp/chatscript';
if(-f $CHAT) { unlink $CHAT; };
link("$CHAT.$isp",$CHAT);
$RESOLV = '/etc/resolf.conf';
if(-f $RESOLV) { unlink $RESOLV; };
link("/etc/resolv.$isp",$RESOLV);
/etc/init.d/ppp start

Then you can simply pon.ispAname, then poff, then pon.isp2name ...   HTH

> I successfuly installed Debian 1.3.1.r6 and ran pop, poff to connect to my
> provider. I would like to use a command that let me choose between several
> providers, something like "pon atslink" or "pon dadanet".
> I would like also:
>
> - Users in a selected group (e.g. dip) can do po and poff without being
>   superuser.
> - An appropriate "nameserver xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx" line should be put in top of
>   /etc/resolv.conf, so the nameserver of the selected provider is used
>   first (again users should do that not being root).
>
> I think this is a simple task of writing some scripts, but does Debian
> have something already done?
>
> Please reply by mail too!
>
> Niccolo
> Firenze - Italy