Re: PPP to multiple Internet Provider

Niccolo Rigacci <rigacci@math.unifi.it> writes:

Read on, if you can/want to use X. Otherwise, just go to the next article.

> I successfuly installed Debian 1.3.1.r6 and ran pop, poff to connect to my
> provider. I would like to use a command that let me choose between several
> providers, something like "pon atslink" or "pon dadanet".

The xisp package can do this (and more). Get a new version from
ftp://134.95.210.54/pub/

> I would like also:
>
> - Users in a selected group (e.g. dip) can do po and poff without being
>   superuser.

This is usualy done by the group "dialout". Check for:
$ls -l /usr/sbin/pppd
-rwsr-xr--   1 root     dialout     84608 Jun 20  1997 /usr/sbin/pppd*

and just do a "adduser myname dialout"

> - An appropriate "nameserver xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx" line should be put in top of
>   /etc/resolv.conf, so the nameserver of the selected provider is used
>   first (again users should do that not being root).

xisp can do this.

Ciao,
	Martin