Re: lynx

lucier@.cow-net.com hat gesagt: // lucier@.cow-net.com wrote:

> Can someone please tell me which file contains the information for which
> directory lynx places it's downloaded files in?  I checked over lynx.conf
> but there doesn't seem to be any reference, AFAIK, regarding the download
> directory in this file.

My lynx puts downloaded files in the current directory where I have started
the browser. So if you have been in some strange place in your filesystem it
might be difficult to find the file. If you have installed "locate" from
package "findutils" you could try "locate my_file" but run updatedb or
/etc/cron.daily/find beforehand.

> Funny thing is, I used it for the first time today, to download the java
> runtime (rt-v5-libc5.tar.gz) and the download seem to proceed normally but
> now I can't find the file on my harddrive!  Using find doesn't seem to be
> able to locate it either...in fact, I am fairly convinced it's not present
> on the harddrive at all but where the heck it went is beyound me. <grin>

Sometimes lynx messes up my downloads. I prefer using "wget" for big files and
I can highly recommend it. It even can continue interrupted http-downloads on
the next day.

--
  Frank Barknecht		Das Koelner Stadt- und Unimagazin