lynx

Howdy all.....:-)

Can someone please tell me which file contains the information for which
directory lynx places it's downloaded files in?  I checked over lynx.conf
but there doesn't seem to be any reference, AFAIK, regarding the download
directory in this file.

Funny thing is, I used it for the first time today, to download the java
runtime (rt-v5-libc5.tar.gz) and the download seem to proceed normally but
now I can't find the file on my harddrive!  Using find doesn't seem to be
able to locate it either...in fact, I am fairly convinced it's not present
on the harddrive at all but where the heck it went is beyound me. <grin>

One other point:

http://java.blackdown refers to a file named jre-v5-*.tar.gz for downloading
the java runtime from any of the mirrors; I tried quite a few of them and
this particualr filename was not to been seen on any of them.  The closest
reference to a similar filename was the above mentioned, rt-v5-libc5.tar.gz.

Is this in fact the file I need to obtain the java runtime (and no there has
been no previous versions of the JDK or runtime installed on this system so
I would assume the JDK upgrade kit wouldn't work) ?

Thanks......:-)