Re: lilo, linux and win95

** Reply to note from tko@westgac3.dragon.com Sat, 14 Mar 1998 12:38:28
-0500 (EST)

> > /dev/hda1  Boot Primary Dos FAT16  (has Win95 installed on it)
> > /dev/hda5       Logical Linux
> > /dev/hda6       Logical Linux Swap
>
> From the numbering above, I can surmise that you installed linux into an
> Extended DOS partition.

No, that's apparentally standard config. It was installed straight into a
linux partition.

>   - MBR of the first hard disk. (/dev/hda, ...)
>   - boot sector of a primary Linux file system partition on the first hard
>     disk. (/dev/hda1, ...)
>   - partition boot sector of an extended partition on the first hard disk.
>     (/dev/hda1, ...)*

Tried all these and she no work with LILO.....however I did solve the
problem by installing the OS/2 Boot Manager program.  I had worked on trying
to install it with LILO for pretty close to three days on and off....with
Boot Manager installed, I was able to do a re-install of both Win95 and
linux in about an hour or so. :-)

Thanks for your input....much appreciated. :-)