Re: Debian on Thinkpad 560x...

finn@midco.net wrote,
:: Nuts... how did that evade me?? I had tried as you suggested
:: and it booted up just fine :)... is there anywhere I can get
:: the configuration for the Tecra kernel so I can build one
:: for hamm??

:I believe the part that makes them work on Thinkpads is the fact they're
:built as "zImage" rather than "bzImage".  For some reason "bzImage"
:kernels cause Thinkpads, and many other laptops, freak out during boot.

:If you use kernel-package you can still generate a zImage ... I forget
:exactly how.  Otherwise, just do "make dep; make clean; make zImage ..."
:as usual.

make-kpkg --zImage ...

I created a set of boot-floppies with Bruce's boot-floppy
package and another test bootdisk (using the same kernel
configuration).

The boot-floppies hang on me after the "loading linux.." but
I manage to advance to beyond the scroll of kernel boot
messages until I got a kernel panick (due to no root
device).

Any idea??

If possible, can anyone advise on how I can get the
configuration of the bo-tecra boot-disk... or has anyone
successfully installed hamm on the thinkpad (esp 560x).

Thanks again...

	Just me,
	Wire ...
--