Re: Debian on Thinkpad 560x...

On Mon, 16 Mar 1998, Tan Wee Yeh wrote:

: Dear all,
:
: I have just gotten a thinkpad 560x and would like to put
: debian (preferably 2.0) in.  My previous attempts were
: taunted by the system rebooting upon loading the kernel (it
: passed the LILO prompt).
:
: I located the linux on tp560 homepages.  Success was
: reported on the tp560x but I did not manage to catch the
: authors of the page by email.  The problem is probably due
: to the apm incompatibility discussed in the page.
:
: I suspect my best bet will be to create my own bootup
: floppies.  I am soliciting information on kernel
: configurations that will work on the thinkpad.
:
: TIA

Have you tried the tecra disks from the boot-floppies directory??

--
Nathan Norman
MidcoNet - 410 South Phillips Avenue - Sioux Falls, SD  57104